Sunday 22 November 2015

Painting with texture and stitch

Ice dyed fabric
Usually at this time of year, I'm up to my eyeballs at craft fairs. I decided to give them a miss this year as I've not been making the "gift" type of work recently which is ideal for the xmas markets.

This means I've been able to concentrate on projects more suitable for the textile/art fairs I want to be exhibiting more at next year. These are larger textile artworks and smaller cyanotype prints, available framed or unframed and a more varied colourful palette from my usual indigo!

The photos are of the ice dyed fabric, mentioned in my last blog post which have been applied some textural effects. I have used heat expandable paint and coarse pumice gel to give a dimensional surface and then stitched with embroidery thread. Acrylic paint was also used in some areas. I love the dramatic colours that have developed through the dye process, reminiscent of a nebula!

No comments:

Post a Comment